Photo Credit: © William McCallum 2013
ALERT: The natural beauty and tranquility of the Far South of Tasmania is at risk under a new forestry proposal.
The beautiful, peaceful town of Dover in Tasmania's Far South is under enormous threat with a proposal for a Woodchip Export Facility. Please help us to protect the natural beauty of our region. Far South Tasmania is not the place for a Woodchip facility!
Far South Future is an alliance of local business owners and residents who have formed under the auspices of the Far South Tourism Association to oppose the development of a Woodchip Export Facility in Tasmania's Port Esperance.
We have a number of concerns about this development, including
• Industrial development, resulting in loss of amenity for residents and visitors on both land and sea
• Negative impact on property values and private investment
• Detrimental effect on jobs and the growing tourism economy of the region
• The loss of public land without tangible benefit to the residents
• Health and safety issues affecting both residents and visitors
• Noise and pollution
• Environmental impacts on native flora and fauna, including protected species, both marine and terrestrial
• Bio-security risks, including contaminated ballast release and introduction of pests and diseases
• Risk to existing Aquaculture industry due to contamination as well as damage to brand
• Significant upscaling of forest operations throughout the Far South and Huon Valley resulting in increased log truck movement
Please help us to SAVE OUR SOUTH
Images: Woodchip Stockpile and Conveyor Belt Bell Bay, Tasmania
James Neville-Smith has shut down community consultation, pulled down the NSFP Facebook Page and refused to supply further details of their proposal.
WE NEED TO RAMP UP OUR CAMPAIGN NOW TO STOP THIS DEVELOPMENT!
Fighting this monstrosity is already proving to be a costly process - PLEASE HELP by contributing to our campaign funds and sharing the link below to our fundraising campaign. TOGETHER we can do this.
THANKYOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT, PLEASE KEEP IT COMING!
Have your say about the proposed Woodchip Facility
Help us Reach 5000 'likes' on facebook
Follow us on facebook to be in the running for a FAR SOUTH TASMANIA adventure holiday!